Tuesday, February 12, 2008

There will be Blood

Yeah, not for the kids, this one...



So my coworker Matt told me about this today at work. Yikes. Good news is that the player is OK, he's out of the hospital from what I read. Lucky, that looked BAD. Seriously, I went ice skating with my work team a few months ago, and it's scary how sharp those skates are. Apparently on this one there was blood all over the ice, they had to clean it multiple times w/ zambonis to try to get the blood off the ice to restart the game...

And yes Selin and I did watch the movie 'There Will Be Blood" this weekend. (By the way, if you click the link, I'm not feeling the Rotten Tomatoes website redesign. What was wrong w/ the old site?). Quite a movie...many say DD Lewis will get some awards for it. It is a strong performance by him. But sometimes w/ those kind of performance I'm just like give it a rest for a minute, is anybody really that crazy? Maybe some people are -- this particular oilman sure was. Like he says, he sure didn't want to see anyone else succeed. There's an ocean of oil under there, and only I can get it! "There's a whole ocean of oil under our feet! No one can get at it except for me!" (might as well attribute my movie quotes correctly)

No comments: