Friday, February 8, 2008

Session 13 - Feb 4 - 38th

Sunday Feb 4, 1:15-2, 38th, 9'6 FSC

So, this is getting into interesting territory here...when is a session actually a session? For me, switching boards, going inside (even if you keep your wetsuit on), and going to a different spot (even if it's within sight of the previous spot) will qualify. Hey it's my goal, I'll make my rules. Was feeling pretty good after surfing the Taylor shorty, so decided hey I'm feelin good today, lets see if I can get some toes-on-the-nose longboard stylin mixed in as well. I may have been getting a little too big for my britches, but confidence is important out there...I wasn't able to get all the way up on the nose but I got close. And to my credit, conditions at 38th weren't nearly as ideal as the Hook, mixed up out there and not holding up as well. So, did what I could and called it good, had a flight to catch. Fun to surf those two very different boards within several minutes of each other -- gotta keep the 'skills' sharp on the longboard too!!!

No comments: