Thursday, February 21, 2008

Session 23 - Feb 21 - Hook

Thursday Feb 23, 5:30 - 6:30, 6'8 Kirkshapes

My original Surf Buddy is BACK! Joel is in town visiting for a while, picked him up at the airport this afternoon. Bolted from work soon as I could around 4:30 and we headed for Santa Cruz. Unfortunately surf is far from great right now, but Oregonboy was on it like a hawk and wouldn't stop talking about his 3 waves for our whole walk back home afterwards...man he's been gone a while because those were honestly some sorta lousy conditions, bro...

Hopefully things will clean up a bit tomorrow as we'll definitely try to get out there, I have the day off work. Later in the afternoon we're heading for Tahoe for the weekend, first time SNOWboarding for me in 2 years, we'll see how that goes!

As for my surf session, I didn't catch much of note, I let Joel have the crown jewels as he's the visitor. :) Surf was decent size but pretty strong current and pretty mixed up out there. It is nice that it's staying light later though -- my first post work session in a couple months. Many more to come!

No comments: