Thursday, February 28, 2008

Session 27 - Feb 28 - 38th

Thurs Feb 28, 6 - 6:45, Kingfish

Out of work, stuck in traffic again although not nearly as bad as it was the other day -- they made some changes to the freeway on HWY 1, which were an improvement, was weird driving in lanes that never existed before, that freeway right now is one complete mess that's for sure, lanes going every which way dividers everywhere but for the most part it worked OK today. Once they get all that work finished it will hopefully be grrrrrrreeat!.

So got home and Joel the goofball was sitting in the bathtub, in his wetsuit, in about a half a tub of warm water...what a kook! Said he got cold outside and was waiting for me to show up for surf #2 with me so he went and sat in the tub in his wetsuit like a goober. He said it was pretty sweet though. So maybe I'll have to try it some time.

Joel grabbed the longboard and I took the kingfish and we hit up happy ol' 38th avenue, which was pumping out some very fun walled up rights pretty consistently. Not too crowded at all, bit of a current pulling you towards the Hook but nothing out of control but it did serve to keep most of the few people out there out of position meaning Joel and I could paddle past em and pick off whatever we wanted. And Also because it's Joel I could drop in on him freely at any time, which I certainly took advantage of TWO times! Get out of my way!!!!!! We had 2 waves like that with me out in front drop-in-away and Joel behind. Then I let him have some of his own, saw him get one real beauty up on the nose, that was some serious stylin', no joke, looked good, nice wave! I got some good ones too all in all a pretty dang fun 45 minute session. Surfed til basically completely dark and took one last wave all the way in and climbed up a pretty slippery part of the rocks and met Joel for the short walk home.

Now...in return for leaving work at 4:30 I have about 5 hours of work awaiting me, which I'll get a start on now...yay.

No comments: