Sunday, February 3, 2008

Session 10 - Feb 2 - Steamer Lane

Saturday, February 2, 4 - 4:30, Steamer Lane, 6'8 Taylor

Well, what a crappy session. Complete junk conditions everywhere along the coast, and believe me I saw everywhere. The lane was as good as it got, was maybe 8 or so people out which was pretty surprising because it was a mess out there. I did a taxi service earlier in the day picking up Selin's parents at the OAK airport and dropping them in SF, good to see them, and after that I drove down the coast from SF to SC. There's a lot of surf spots along that drive, but not on this particular day. Ugly! To be honest, I wouldn't have paddled out if I didn't have my 150 session goal in mind. Already behind, I couldn't stand to lose another Saturday staying dry, so, make the most of it, and like I said the Lane was as good as it got. I did manage a couple waves though, but nothing good, but it's not a session if I don't catch a wave -- got that taken care of at least. Not much more to write, thankfully, got a good long 3.5 hour session at the Hook today in to balance things out. Rather than waste more time writing about this, I'll start writing about that session instead.

No comments: