Monday, June 30, 2008

Session 99 - June 28 - Hook

Saturday June 28, 3-5 PM?, KS fish

I don't remember much about this session. I think it was OK but not great. I do remember that I have a pretty solid dent on my new fish though as a result of it, I kneed the deck by the nose pretty hard at some point of kookiness and it put a nice little dent there, didn't seem to crack the glass or anything that's good, good glass job, but a nice dent nonetheless. I noticed it yesterday. Wetsuits are nice for added padding, or I'm sure I would've noticed it earlier due to pain in my knee. Wetsuits and cold water -- you can pretty much kill yourself with bumps and bruises out there in the water and not know it until a few hours later when your session is over and your body has thawed out. I guess that's a good thing.

I don't remember or have much else noteworthy to say about this session so I'll stop now. Oh, yeah, one dude I haven't seen before was absolutely killing it. Probably in his 30's, pretty impressive display of surfing talent. And unlike some guys who rip out there he didn't have a perma-pissed off attitude, didn't take off on every single set wave, didn't paddle around everybody like they didn't exist, didn't blatantly drop in with complete disregard to the mere mortal surfer behind. Nice to see. Thanks dude. Nice surfing, nicer attitude.

No comments: