Sunday, June 22, 2008

Session 94 - June 21 - Lane

Saturday June 21, 12:30 - 2 PM, 6'8 Taylor

Uninspiring session, not gonna write much. Unless the lane is firing and offering up waves all over the place, I don't do too well in the wavecount category out there. Haven't put in enough time and I don't want to go sit in the gladiator pit and try to get waves w/ all those guys...and somehow I don't think it would be a very successful venture even if I tried...

Anyways when I suited up and decided to get in, there were maybe 10 guys in the water. Within about 20 minutes, that crowd of 10 had ballooned to probably 30...it was like a swarm all descending at once, guys coming from every direction, coming down the stairs, jumping off the first point, jumping off the second point, emerging suddenly from underwater (yeah not really, but can you imagine?)...guess I'm just a trendsetter! So again I didn't want to go sit at the main peak where some pretty solid sets were actually coming through, so took it easy more out by indicators but it got kind of crowded out there too and more guys were linking the section and yeah, I just didn't get a whole lot. Caught a couple, nothing much to get excited about, and called it good. Pretty hungry at that point.

Oh yeah I had also made the drive all the way up to WC area, but it was pretty ugly up there with the wind on it so turned around and drove back.

Should have just stayed home and surfed out front!

No comments: