Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Session 92 - June 17 - LM

Tuesday June 17, 5-7PM, 6'8 Taylor

Had a work offsite this afternoon that took us up to Dunes beach in HMB, where we did a pretty intense beach clean up/non-native plant species full on assault. We pretty much pulled up (non-native, invasive) ice plant until there was no ice plant left to be pulled, pretty impressive, that is a lot of ice plant. Once that was finished around 4 everybody else went back to the office, and I called my own board meeting, and cruised up the road to LM. Looking for a little escape from the wind, which was blowing pretty much everything to slop at Dunes. Jetty looked doable and there were some people out, but opted to keep going as it was pretty tiny...didn't watch long, maybe a longer watch would've had me out surfing there but LM worked out OK as an old standby plan.

I surfed for a while, was nice to get the relatively early-ish start, got some lefts that I tried my best to make work (combination of surfer ability and wave quality)...all in all just another nice, warm, sunny day at the California beach.

No comments: