Monday, January 7, 2008

so this is what 28 feels like

I went to the gym and lifted weights Friday after work, for probably the first time in a good 6 months or so (lifting weights. I've been to the gym a few times in that span). Besides being noticeably weaker than I can ever recall -- I struggled a bit getting 10 reps on bench press with 2 45 lb plates (although I was doing this with no rest at all from whatever other exercise I was cycling in there in between sets, important distinction) -- I have never been this sore in my life. I am really a pretty pitiful sight, ask Selin she was having a grand old time torturing (she called it massaging) me all weekend, trying to get me to straighten my arms completely, which I am unable to do without extreme pain. Anyways it is good to be a little bit sore, but this is pretty ridiculous...I'm starting to get a little better though. But it isn't easy to even get dressed in the morning. Or reach the remote control on the coffee table. Simple things, become quite daunting. I dropped my phone this morning and it fell down into a little cranny behind the electric fireplace and I was quite upset because getting it out of there with an unstraightenable arm was no easy task. Guess I've got to ease myself back into weightlifting a little more these days than I used to.

Unrelated, this morning I found a fantastic new blog, very entertaining reading. http://toomuchrodbenson.com/page0/page0.html. It's written by a D-League NBA player Rod Benson, and from as far as I can tell in reading it for the last 20 minutes he updates it A LOT. (He has a lot of time on his hands). It's pretty funny stuff though, at least what I've read so far. Here's a small sample to get you started.

No comments: