Thursday, January 17, 2008

Session 5 - January 17 - Linda Mar

Jan 17, 7:30-9:20, central LM, 6'2 KG Fish

Lots of closing out, lots of duck-diving. Rather unfortunate unmemorable session, other than for my eyes, which are still red and stinging from all the underwater time. Plus it was sunny out, so squinting. But that beats grey and rainy so I should never complain about nice clear blue sunny skies.

I had optimistic hopes for this morning driving over Sharp Park Road, that first sweeping view of the ocean is always an exciting moment. Stacked up lines of clean organized swell greeted me over the horizon...generally this means a good session is on hand. Unfortunately this weekend's swell must have done a number on the LM sandbars, so it was nothing more than one big beach of closeouts. Really was a lot of closeouts. Ripper saying "it's nothing but closeouts" closeouts. This guy was pretty good, wonder where he came from, was making the closeouts into barrels and when possible look as good as they coulda been made look. Anyways you get the picture I assume. Closeouts.

I caught a few waves closeouts but nothing really notable. I got very tired from paddling. There's a nice little rip to help get out though that we were utilizing, w/o that though it was a heckuva paddle. Wasn't really that big or anything, but just no escape anywhere from the walls of foam. I'm a serviceable duck-diver but definitely no standout in that category.

Going out tomorrow morning with Colin and Ramin and Paul from work, so hopefully things improve a bit. Still, always a good start to the day!

Update: I'm finishing this post an hour later after getting lunch. It's now 1:15 and my eyes are still red and stinging. I'm not stoned I promise!

No comments: