Thursday, January 24, 2008

+140


My surfboard selling empire is off to a good start. Yesterday I sold this board, a 6'6 Lost semigun pintail that I snagged off Craigslist a few weeks ago.

My price: $200
Sale price: $340

Plus I kept the new leash that came with the board too -- forgot I had left it in Santa Cruz so sold it without. So, + $140 and a new leash, not too shabby.

Even at $340, this board is still pretty much a steal for the right person. I just knew I probably wouldn't surf it much -- it's really a semigun pintail shape, made for some pretty hollow heavy surf which I don't get into much. It's probably only been used about 3 times -- in brand new condition. I took the wax off and shined it up, nice, clean sparkling white board. The guy who bought it from me just moved to the Mt View area from Inner Sunset OB. He said he wasn't really digging the south bay scene, too much of a drive to get to a surf, but that this would make a great OB board for him. Which is certainly right. I hope he gets some good use out of it. I did!

No comments: