Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Session 123 - Aug 18 - Central America

Monday Aug 18

Met up with the rest of the crew on Sunday at our destination for the rest of our trip. Caused a minor confusion as it wasn't clear that I was going to meet them directly at the camp and not the airport, so held them up for a few minutes right of the start as they were fruitlessly searching the airport for a gringo with a boardbag, but hopefully wasn't too much of a delay. As for me, I got a taxi/truck to take me to the final camp, and we spent about 45 minutes trying to figure out exactly where it was as I'd never been there before, but one thing about most people I've found in my visits to developing foreign countries is they are patient, and they are friendly.

The surf camp -- well really the house we were staying at, complete with cooks and cleaning service -- was really really nice, we were far from roughing it on this trip. I could get used to that life.

Enough typing. Photos below are panoramic view I was getting to enjoy each and every day from the water, truly a beautiful spot, such lush, undeveloped terrain all around. And the surf shots are Mike and Ben, two of our designated trip-rippers.












No comments: