Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Session 116 - Aug 9 - 1st/2nd Peak


Saturday Aug 9, 7-8:30 pm, 9'8 Junod

Inaugural Junod longboard session! Took that massive beast of a board out for the first time tonight, after finally getting all the ding work done, as well as the not-so-small undertaking of waxing a board that size. On that note, I wanted to do it right on this one, so I used a basecoat of tropical wax and then the standard over that...trying to get nice big bumps...I'm not a wax professional yet but I thought the results were ok. And yes, I waxed it all the way up to the nose. I'll get there, one day. And I wouldn't want to slip off then!!! That board really is huge, bigger than the 9'6 by a lot, it's actually kind of hard to carry. Never surfed that much board, I admire people who handle 10foot boards like an extension of their body, more respect for that after my experience. As for the surf, it was pretty high tide, which was nice as not much of a crowd but the waves were kind of funky mixed up stuff, tough to get a good read on the conditions out there. But I was able to catch anything and everything, so caught a lot, but nothing really great. But fun first session and that board is a monster.

Professional Ding Repair: Before

And After (and the last time I post a vanity picture of this board) (probably) (It's so pretty!)

No comments: