Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Session 61 - April 13 - Hook

Sunday April 13, 6:30-8 pm, 9'0 Becker

Surf for the sake of surf session...nothing better to do so heck, why not get wet. Joel and I rode bikes over to the hook to check it, and it looked pretty not good but good enough, and it was too late and near dark to do the other task I needed to do which was ding repair, so surf it was. I'm not gonna write much about it because there's not much to write about, but it was still fun to walk down there and paddle out with my bro. We paddled out and around the rock there which is the way to do it, beats walking further. Waves pretty much stunk, they looked a lot better during our check than they did from the water...but whatever, there were 4 guys out so we all tried to make the most of it. My first session on the 9'0 uber performance longboard, and while conditions certainly sucked the board didn't...really can't get a feel for it in that slop but it seemed pretty fast and responsive, like Joel said it is. So, that's good. It'll work well on good surf days out at 2nd peak and the like, and 38th, fun to have that option available to me.

On the topic of ding repair, I suffered a DOUBLE WHAMMY right before this session...I had taken the 6'8 Taylor and BRAND NEW 6'6 Quad inside and set them in their normal resting place...but I set them too haphazardly and a few minutes later when I was outside I was startled with a yelp from Selin as BOTH the boards careened down and crashed into the side of the stove. BOOM! Double ding. Could've been worse. Both boards got a matching little ding on the right rail, but good news is those rail dings are really easy repairs, and even more good news is they're already repaired thanks to Joel the Ding King who fixed em for me today while I was at work. Good way to pay rent, houseguest! Thanks. A little sanding to do tomorrow and they'll look good as new.

No comments: