Thursday, April 10, 2008

For Sale: Memories



It is with a heavy heart that I post the following:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/spo/637437407.html

Yep my second surfboard ever is now up for sale. I've reached the stage of my surf career where I'm on to the second round of boards...first my first-ever board, the 8'10 Vernor, broke in half. Now, board #2 is up for sale. Because I just never use it anymore. I don't know why but I guess I never really took to that board -- when I bought it I wasn't good enough to use it, so always opted for the longboard as opposed to sitting on this board not catching anything -- and now that I would be able to use it, I have too many other similar 6'8ish boards to choose from so this one just doesn't get used. But it's a bit emotional to let go of things. Hopefully I'm not on my way to becoming a reclusive old packrat with 3 back sheds full of junk from 50 years ago that has sentimental value to me so I can't get rid of it. I've seen that, and it's not pretty.

Any of my 3 readers want to buy this? As a Horace reader, I'll give you a discount, hows 50% off sound? Well let me know.

UPDATE: Sold to a stoked coworker for $100. It was a sad moment seeing it drive away, but it was time. Like a child going off to college, the board needed to spread its wings and get some rides. Sam (the new owner) is taking it out first thing Saturday, may it be the first of many epic sessions to come.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Only 3 readers? Nah, I'm sure there are more of us than that!