Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Session 52 - April 2 - OB

Wednesday April 2, 6-8, 6'8 KS

Flatness was the name of the game this morning, but surf picked up some throughout the day, at least enough to the point that a surf quest was in order. It'd be an entire week since my last session. That's a pretty long layoff ever since this 150 session goal thing got started...I was ready to go, whenever and wherever. As I was able to recruit one surf buddy to join me, decided to go to Ocean Beach and try things out there. It's also the most likely place to always have waves -- although another friend did let me know that Montara could've been working as well. I'll have to check with Manabu and see how his session was. But anyways, back to OB, Colin lives a block or two from the ocean there in the Sunset, 46th and Judah, and so I met at his place, suited up, and we walked down to "the beach". Urban surfing at its finest, it was pretty fun and a lot different from my Santa Cruz surf walk...as for surf itself, nothing great but there were waves to be had, normal OB style though, tough to stay in position, find the right spot, no shortage of waves that looked makeable but they were always about 50 feet from where I was at...no matter where I was at. We also actually drifted pretty far north, current pulling us that way, to the point we went in and walked back down the beach maybe a quarter/half mile to get back to where we started...pretty crossed up, mixed up surf out there, as I guess is typical. But it was fun to go to a new spot and I'm sure I'll be joining Colin for more OB sessions as this spring/summer progresses. Especially if I can use the shower at his place afterwards which is pretty awesome, they recently remodeled their bathroom and the shower is pretty sweet.

No comments: