Friday, April 4, 2008

Session 53 - April 3 - MT

Thursday April 3, 6:15-8:00 PM, 6'8 KS + a couple on Ramin's pink, flowery, peace and love funboard

While we didn't find the clean, wide open walled up faces I was hoping for on this session, it wasn't a total wash. Managed to get some decent fun ones and just getting in the water is always worth the drive...always good to have some friendly faces join ya as well. Ramin made the trip and just so happened to pull right behind me on HW1 as we were driving, now that was pretty impressive. What timing! On the drive past, Rockaway actually might've worked out pretty good but I had my heart set on Montara, so we kept going the additional 10 minutes...came around the bend though and wasn't overjoyed with what I saw. Pretty crossed up, sectiony lumpy surf out there, a few guys on it near the middle of the beach, didn't look like anybody on the south end where I was thinking I'd go...pulled into the middle lot and made the most of what we could get. I've been spoiled rotten by a good Santa Cruz winter season -- becoming a bit of a wave snob -- but man the surf is just so good down there it's impossible not to get a little stuck up when it comes to wave quality. I think I'll have to lower my standards a bit though, as we continue to progress from winter to spring...looking back on it now, winter was (is?) pretty sweet.

Back to this session, though like I said surf pretty funky, waves just weren't really cooperating much, on several I actually started out thinking it was gonna be a right, but then found myself going left instead as the wave was just all mixed up...oh well. Weekend surf forecast is not looking super stellar, but I'll get out anyways and find something -- not gonna have another surfless weekend, that's definitely not happening.

1 comment:

Ramin said...

Heyo! Good time at Montara Nic. Being less spoiled by the epic SC winter surf, I thought it was a good session overall. Love your 6'8"! It may be time for your inaugural Ano session this weekend!