Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Session 56 - April 8 - Hook

Tuesday April 8, 6:15-8 pm, 6'8 KS

While Ramin was getting tubed a bit further north, I being a bit more fearful of the man in the grey suit decided to stick close to home in the protected calm tranquil waters of the Hook...should've joined Ramin but as we discussed a bit, there are just things you can choose to either do or not do in life that can greatly impact the chances of events happening or not happening. I chose caution over barrels this time around, but next time, I may not be so prudent...the allure of a head high barrel can have that effect on a man. (even a wise, old man such as myself. Ramin -- he's 22. He doesn't know any better.)

Anyways for my session, I rode my bike to the Hook again (and can add another con to the merit of bike-riding debate -- Flat Tires -- seriously that blows, how the heck did I get a flat tire? Oh I think I just answered that there's a huge rose bush right over my front gate. Beautiful rose bush, it really grows and blooms like crazy, I'm looking forward to that later this spring/summer. But with that rose bush I'm sure there are some thorns which I probably found with my bike tire, grrrrreat...)...Wasn't much of a crowd on the hook, in fact wasn't really a crowd at all if you took away the pack of HS Surf team groms who were swarming all over the place, was 7 of em or so and what they say about groms is true, they really do seem to be every where at every time, just all over the place constant motion. I actually tried to take a queue cue (thanks grammar police Zac) from them and move around some myself, getting a few extra waves that way so thanks HS surf team groms. Anyways they got out for a bit when their coach called em in and there were only 5 of us left, and I thought awesome 5 guys and up to that point there'd been pretty steady chest high waves coming through....but of course the whole time they were in on the beach talking there were ZERO waves, and then 2 of them left with coach and the other 5 paddled back out and we were back to the same as before....really no problem though not crowded but I did have to back off a couple good ones which would've been great if I didn't have to but can't complain, at most was still only like 15 of us out there. Anyways aside from that good start we had some really really long waits between sets, and waves were clean but not really anything worth writing more about, pretty standard small to little to no swell evening glass off at the Hook.

1 comment:

Ramin said...

Sounds like a decent session. Haha, I would hardly say tubed. Close-out tubes that seemed amazing to me because I'm a kook. Next time I'm dragging you with me, old man!