Sunday, May 4, 2008

Session 72 - May 3 - 2nd Peak

Saturday May 3, 6-7:30, 9'0 Becker

Wave mania! No joke for the first like 45 minutes of this session I don't think I stopped paddling once. Non-stop wave action. Joel was watching from the cliff, to (loosely) quote him:

"I stood up there and watched for an hour because the waves never stopped. I saw you catch a bunch of waves but not any good ones. I saw you get blatantly dropped in on by some kid on one that looked nice, did you get mad at him? Looked like fun out there."

Pretty good summary. I did get out there and catch a bunch of waves but as I was sitting inside a bit for sake of catching lots of waves I didn't catch many that were make-able for very long, ie lots of close out sections that if I was sitting further outside woulda been able to make but not from where I was at. Some pretty good surfers out, fun to watch them and take some mental notes. And yes some kid who did blatantly drop in on me and then proceeded to pretend I wasn't there the whole rest of the wave which was actually a pretty good long shoulder high peeler that I was in primo position to shred apart, as best I can on a 9'0 longboard. But instead I got to watch the 12 year old grom ripping directly in front of me. Respect your elders grommet!!! Well on his way to becoming one of those guys with no respect for anyone because he surfs better than them. Oh well what are you gonna do, I'm not gonna get mad at a 12 year old. At the end of the wave, I just looked at him, put my hands up to express 'what was up with that' and said "nice wave." The story does however have a happy ending because an hour later or so we had a repeat scenario, me in position on a wave and him right there to jam me, but when he looked back and saw me going for it he backed off. So, I'll take it. Respect from a 12 year old. Gotta start somewhere!

Pretty fun surf and again no shortage of waves. Pumping out there! When it was time for dinner and my paddle muscles were on fire, called it good, caught a long one and came up the 38th ave stairs.

Selin's bday today, it's party time! Happy BDAY Dargi!!!!

No comments: