Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Session 175 - Dec 7 - 4m

Sun Dec 7, 3:15-5, 6'6 Haut

It might be time for an intervention...somebody stop me...

But I got another new (to me) surfboard on Sunday. I know, it's getting a little out of control. But, who am I to pass up a great deal? Or, perfect dimensions? Pretty much just what I wanted, and my go-to 6'8 Taylor is starting to show its age. So, when the deal presents itself, you have to act on it. Drove down the road a bit to Manresa and picked up this new 6'6 Haut. Local shaper, even better. Pretty sweet looking board -- definitely colorful --and the price, well, the price was too good to pass up. Real clean board, does have one ding on the deck that will require my eventual attention, taped it off for now. So, this board will work its way into the rotation...will figure things out after I get a feel for it, but the plan is to force myself to sell at least one board in the next week or two. Easier said than done. 

Getting back on track, took the new board out for its inagural surf Sunday afternoon/evening. Small in town so drove up north a bit, and met up with the SF crew. Surf was a little bit of a crowd, but nothing too out of control...but I for the most part sat either too far out on the shoulder (to avoid the pretty constant paddle-battling going on in the main pack) or too far inside, where most waves I caught would section out on me before could really get much of a ride. Still, managed a couple OK short rides, kooked out on a couple as well (really need to stop doing that), and all in all I think the new board is a keeper. Always fun to surf w/ a few friends as well. 

6:45 am tomorrow morning, OB. I don't know how the surf will be, but I do know it will be freezing cold. Whatam I, crazy? (Don't answer that). Update: It was too cold. I stayed in bed.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

So where are the pix of the new board? C'mon, we want to see.