Tuesday, December 2, 2008

if at first you don't succeed...

try again! 

I tried to surf this morning but, I didn't. Not for a lack of driving though. Surf just looked kind of crappy, and really, really, COLD. So I just sat in my car and looked at it for a while. And then I drove down and checked another spot. And then another spot. And yep, then another spot. Should've probably gone at the 3rd spot but...eh. Not really feeling it I guess. So, just chalk it up to a nice early morning drive.

Drove a full loop from Mt View - Pacifica - HMB - back to Mt View...and right back in to bed for 30 more minutes of sleep. Now that was awesome.  (the missus got these new flannel style sheets. They are AMAZING. So warm. In fact they are calling my name right now. Time to finish up this post....)

I think, all in all, I just needed to go to the beach. Been home in Oregon for the past 5 days or so, no surf, no  beach. But...lots of good times, great to be home and see all my family and friends. That's what Thanksgiving is all about.

Tomorrow morning...repeat the whole process. Pretty confident though that this time around, I'll actually find what I'm looking for. (Thank you internet swell buoys: 8 ft, 13 seconds...thank you internet surf buddies: live updates.)

New flannel sheets here I come!

No comments: