Friday, October 10, 2008

What Gives?


It's been a long work week. I'm sitting here on the couch, unwinding, and enjoying some of my favorite cookies...delicious...when what do I see as my friend Bryan's GChat status message?

R.I.P. Mother's Cookies http://consumerist.com/5061209/mothers-cookies-goes-out-of-business-kills-off-circus-animals


Wow. Those once cheerful, innocent, sugar speckled circus animals now look so sad and mournful, I can practically see the tears in their eyes...It's almost hard to eat them...(hmmm, wait -- I take that back -- <crunch>)

As a few of the commenters put it...this financial crisis is getting out of hand. Sad day.

In other news...

I've been lagging on blog posting this week. Pretty inexcusable, especially when you consider the momentous events that transpired over this past weekend.

You ever had that experience where, you set a goal for yourself, you really dedicate a significant chunk of yourself, your time, your energy, your life, to the pursuit of that goal...you even create specific tasks that are all oriented around that goal...it becomes a big focus...and then, you actually achieve that goal, and...suddenly, you just don't really know what to do? What do you do now? How do you mark the accomplishment of said goal? Well, that's where I'm at right now. Over the weekend -- which, by the way, was pretty epic surfwise (as predicted) -- I hit session #150 (and then some). And now I don't know what to do. I feel like I need to do something special to mark the moment...

So if you have any suggestions, let me know. Otherwise, I'll just be logging it just like all the other 149 that preceded it.

But probably not until next week, as we're heading off on a camping/surfing ADVENTURE in just, what...9 short hours? Heading off to the great unknown, 8 mile hike, set up camp, surfboards, and get to it. It should be fun. I'm excited. But, there will certainly be no internet on THIS trip, so the posts will have to wait.

Have a great weekend everyone. Stock up on those Circus Animals.

No comments: