Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Session 154 - Oct 13 - I'd tell you but then I'd have to erase your memory (would really rather not kill you, you probably are a nice person and all)

Monday Oct 13, daytime hours, 6'8 Taylor

Well it was a heck of an adventure and a serious voyage to score this particular session, and sadly (so sadly) we had to leave one day early really, so missed out on the best of it, but the experience was pretty sweet. So, it was all worth it.

I also learned a lot about camping this particular weekend. I'll recycle some of what I emailed to the camping crew after the trip here. Things I learned about camping/hiking/surfing/roughing it in the wilderness for 3 days:

Water > beer
backpacking pack > computer laptop bag
belongings strapped to/packed in backpacking pack > belongings stuffed in a makeshift sleeping bag pack which is then carried/dragged/schlepped 8+ miles
thermarest pad > queen size air mattress (with pump)
flashlight > lantern
B**F*** 4 day trip > B**F*** 3 day trip
no poison oak > poison oak
car camping > real camping

(Just kidding on that last one.)

Thanks to our fearless leaders, who are some true mountain men at that, it was a good way to spend a 3 day weekend...I'll be back. (But maybe on a boat.)

No comments: