Friday, May 8, 2009

I tried.

I failed. 

I was really going to try and not post any more ridiculous YouTube posts on here...at least for a little while. Trying to bring Horace high-brow, upmarket, establish some serious journalistic credibility. All that good stuff. 

But then I saw this. 



And I can't stop watching it. Seriously! Never before have I been compelled to watch a YouTube clip time after time after time. I mean, most of em, I can barely make it through once! Maybe it's the Friday afternoon euphoria kicking in or something, but, I'm thinking this might be the best YouTube clip I've ever seen. Just in terms of plain well-done, high quality, entertaining, pop-culture relevant, irrerevent internet time-wasting content...I can't think of anything as good! 

Hats off to Steve Porter, who created this video...nearly 1.5 million views and gaining more every day...come to think of it, maybe YouTube isn't such a waste-of-time after all? Internet marketing opportunity? Hmmm...viral marketing...it's on my mind lately...

Just for context, here's a (slightly shortened) version of the original 'SlapChop' informercial starring the infamous ShamWow guy, Vince.  



Quality stuff. Well done.

1 comment:

Colin said...

thanks nic for making my shuttle ride home a little more tolerable, at least now i have a soundtrack...and slap chop? howabout chop slap? or slop chap? that might be a new surfing trick...innovate!