Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Life

Dear Reader(s),

More pressing situations have recently conspired to divert my attention away from Horace posts...pressing times we find ourselves in these days. So you may start to see less frequent, more intermittent postings for the near forseeable future...at least until I get things a bit more figured out. I'll still try to post the occasional tidbit here and there, and document stand-out surf sessions when I can fit them in...but I think I'll stop the detailed log of every session, highlights only from here on out...

And a bit of perspective...looking back, 2008 I definitely made my year of surf. I made a lot of progress that year. This year I've stepped back a notch, am not subjecting myself to quite as many early morning slogs to the beach...but I'm thankful and appreciative to have had the opportunity (and dedication!) to it last year. It'll always be an ingrained part of my routine but the single-mindedness I devoted in '08 can't quite be repeated this year. Probably that's a good thing, I was starting to morph a bit too much into this guy

And oh yeah, make sure you root for Villanova this weekend. Thanks.

SURF LOG

Session 31 - Wed Mar 25 - 2nd peak
Session 32 - Fri Mar 27 - 2nd peak inside (with dad, surf school in session...he's showing great progress)
Session 33 - Sat Mar 28 - SC Beachy south (again dad, again, more progress, old man is a trooper)
Session 34 - Sun Mar 29 - 2nd peak/38th (with Joel, great offshores, fun waves, plus my favorite girls plus a couple beers waiting for me on our private 38th rock spot) 

No comments: