Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Session 17 & 18 - Feb 24 - LM

Horace in 2009: Less words. More Pictures!





Nice drop in on those first two pictures, Burned! Nice nose ride on the other. And nice north end on the last. 

Pretty darn fun morning surf, snaps I took real quick from the parking lot when I was leaving, and are the middle/south of the beach where most people were at, Ramin and I surfed a bit north of there, where we had the waves (and closeouts) to ourselves. In typical fashion, we both had our blinders on -- I was going left only, Ramin going right. Hey it works, I'll surf with you anytime, Ramin. 

Second session was in the afternoon, hoping for more of the same, but was pretty much low tide crappy slop everywhere. Still got out for a quick one and made the most of it...happy to say I'm much better at making something out of even slop these days...that is where you can tell a real surfer from the posers...can you surf complete closeout slop and make it look decent? I've got a long ways to go but it's fun to be able to even get some rides out of what a few years ago for me woulda been complete and utter total closeout-central.

Got nostalgic and been surfing the 7'0 Brewer the last couple sessions. Fun board. Works good. Need to fix the delam.

Well, I almost made good on the "less words, more pictures" part. There's always 2010.


1 comment:

Ramin said...

If you could just get rid of all the words, that would be great. Thanks!

Heyo! Good times. Hey I had a nice left drop and pump on a big one - I guess one of my blinders slipped off momentarily. Don't worry everyone, I readjusted it and won't be considering any more lefts for a while now. Two sessions? You're an animal.