Monday, January 5, 2009

Bustin' Down the Pig

Shaun Tomson, former world champ, is coming to the Santa Monica office on Thursday to give a little talk and discuss his documentary and book, Bustin' Down the Door. Just got notified of that. Pretty sweet. I'm working on making sure it gets VC'd up here so I can take part. 

Reading up a bit on the man I came across his Surfers Code, which I thought was worth a posting:

Surfer's Code

I will never turn my back on the ocean

I will always paddle back out

I will take the drop with commitment

I will know that there will always be another wave

I will realize that all surfers are joined by one ocean

I will paddle around the impact zone

I will never fight a rip tide

I will watch out for other surfers after a big set

I will pass on my stoke to a non-surfer

I will ride, and not paddle in to shore

I will catch a wave every day, even in my mind

I will honor the sport of kings


Simple, concise, to the point, and seems like a pretty good code to me. Nicely done. Looking forward to the talk!

1 comment:

Ramin said...

"I will paddle around the impact zone"? This guy has obviously never surfed OB. Yes, yes, try to find the channel I know, but oftentimes impossible. I like the code overall though.