Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Session 50 - Mar 25 - Hook

Tuesday Mar 25, 5:45-7:45, 6'8 Taylor

Session # FIFTY! I don't know what is more impressive...50 sessions in 86 days...or the fact that I've blogged each and every one of them. I'm leaning towards the blogging.

The last and final session of the spring break surf-fest was a good one. Dad went out on his own at 38th, Joel and I felt like ripping apart some performance oriented race-track walls, enough of that 38th slow roll, so we let him go solo and went to the hook. I rode my bike again, that thing is awesome. I need to do something about the pedals though they're very sharp on my bare feet (they have these little metal traction spikes on them...good for shoes, bad for feet), but it's great and super speedy to cruise to and from wherever I want to go, board safely secured in the rack next to me. At the Hook which is a great wave we had the normal slightly large crowd, but not as bad as it can be, and so I was able to sit inside a bit and catch a Bunch of waves...picked up a lot of the supershort but superfun lefts that most people don't want (why would you when the right is 4x longer), but I caught those, can get one quick hit off the lip and thats about it, but it's a left so I like it, and got some rights too that I was actually able to keep up with and get past the inside closeout section. Really is a perfect hot-dogging wave, fast, great shape, couple quick paddles and you're in, imagining that wave in some remote tropical locale with only a couple of my best bros on it...that would be something else, wouldn't it?

After a shower and dinner at the Crow's Nest (dinner plus salad bar $6.95 impossible to beat that) the family loaded up the Volvo and hit the road for an overnight voyage back to Oregon. Good to have them, come back any time.

No comments: