Sunday, March 16, 2008

Session 40 - Mar 15 - Hook

Saturday Mar 15, 5:30-7:30, 6'8 Taylor

Ah the joys of living in Santa Cruz. Surf when I want, where I want, no long drives, no planned trips, no wasted days, if it's good I can see it's good and get on it, if it's not, I can get on it anyways and try to make the most out of it. Surf was looking better as the day went on so I opted for another session before the sun went down. This time I elected to ride a bike to the Hook, which worked out pretty well, took Joel's mt bike with the Taylor under my arm, and managed not to crash or drop anything -- success. Plus a very speedy and not cold trip to and from the surf, solid. Surf was fun, nothing else to say about it, it was really really fun. I might've caught a new 'best wave ever' -- last wave of the day, most of the crowd had gone in so I got to sit and try for the gems, didn't have to stay a bit inside or take lefts, and I got a great one, head high to overhead and just walled up speed racer, what a fun wave...managed to hit the lip twice and coulda/shoulda had more but didn't keep up...good wave though and pretty happy with my speed on it. Getting out guy said it was a nice wave, which it most certainly was, good way to end the day.

Tonight we watched In Bruges which was a really good movie. I enjoyed it a lot. Recommended viewing.

And tonight yes I'm doing more work. I didn't quite finish my work last night so I'm procrastinating doing it now again as well. Might as well get it actually finished though I guess...that would be nice I suppose. Focus!

No comments: