Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Session 111 - July 29 - LM

Tuesday July 29, 7-8:30 AM, 8'6 Pariah

Flattown! We got to get Ramin a longboard. Rangled up a few guys and met at Linda Mar with goal of 6:30, I was pullin' up the rear (as usual) and got there at 6:45. Sorry to keep everybody waiting. Ramin had actually moved on further down the road to check another spot, but reported back it wasn't much either...so he came back to LM but didn't join us in the water (see above, he needs a longboard). So Adam and I paddled out and made the most of the situation, what're you gonna do we're there, make the most of it. And it actually wasn't half bad, kind of fun in a playful get out there and mess around way. Left the leash on the beach hidden with a patch of seaweed and that made each wave interesting and a challenge, which was a good call for this morning's conditions...it may have been 2-3 feet and poor+ conditions but not having that ding string security blanket made each ride a fun and something-to-focus on endeavor. Happy to report I only lost my board all the way to shore once, actually on my first wave when I subconsciously forgot I didn't have a leash. Kept track of that fact from then on out and managed to keep my board and body pretty well attached. Fun to do, and yes it does feel pretty cool to paddle around w/ no leash...I did find myself bending my knees upward whilst paddling a little more often than usual, illustrating to anyone who cared to notice that look at me I don't need a leash, my board goes wherever I tell it to...yes, so vain, so vain...

Adam I hope had fun as well, and as I always say, it's always good to just get out there and get wet and paddle and get some exercise and start your day out right.

But, yeah...is it August 15 yet?

No comments: