Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Wavecam

Wavewatch.com has pretty much the best surf check webcams I've come across. They're free, they don't have ads on them, and you can move them around and zoom in and stuff. I've managed to deduce exactly where the Pleasure Point webcam is, so it gives me a pretty good indication of what is going on outside my front door when I'm sadly stuck in the office in Mountain View.

Unfortunately, thousands of other people seem to share my same sentiments. Wavewatch ranks the webcams daily by number of visitors, and good ol' Pleasure Point is consistently the #1 visited webcam. Very consistently in fact, almost always. And keep in mind they've got a lot of webcams aimed at some pretty primo spots: Steamer Lane. Malibu. Huntington Beach. Oceanside. Head over to Hawaii: Pipeline. Sunset. Even some east coast spots. So that just goes to show you how popular Pleasure Point is of a surf spot amongst the webcam checking masses. It's probably the #1 destination for valley surfers heading over the hill. Which is OK -- I was one of them for a long time and in most respects I still am -- but it certainly does make for some crowded lineups.

No comments: