Monday, October 29, 2007

Steamer Lane

This I thought was a pretty good write-up of the different peaks at Steamer Lane, Santa Cruz's most famous wave. I get out there occasionally but not too often as it's ultra competitive, but it can be really fun at the same time, especially when a good swell is in and the wave machine is cranking em out at full tilt, enough for everybody to get some and be happy. I surfed out there last weekend and as the write up mentions, I caught a wave all the way from middle peak to well past Indicators on my 8'10 Vernor. Kept waiting for that wave to end, but it just kept going and going, and I was going in anyways so I milked that one for every last drop. Wave of the day!

http://www.hotlineonline.com/steamerlane/index.shtml

(A lot of people really like Hotline wetsuits, a local SC company. I will look into one next time I'm getting a new wetsuit)

No comments: