Friday, February 12, 2010

SLATER!


What's this, Slates is playing in the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am this weekend?? Sweeeeet!

Notable for two reasons.

1) I did a FB work campaign for AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, which was cool;

2) I wonder if the 9-time world champ will get any waves in during his little nor(cen)cal visit? How incredible would that be...have Kelly Slater show up at the Hook? Maybe he'll stay closer to Pebble Beach...Moss Landing? Monterey mysto spots? Fire up the jet ski at Ghost Tree? Supposed to be good solid surf this weekend. Wonder if he'll be on it. Or maybe he'll just play golf. Water is cold here, after all.

Anyways...I'll be keeping my eyes peeled. It would be pretty unbelievably epic to share a surf session with Kelly Slater.

Unless he burns me like the logger at 1:38 in this vid:


Rincon. The Surfermag BB (where I pulled this from) says the logger likely dropped in on him earlier. We may never know.

What's with the gloves??

SURF! MAVERICKS! WEEKEND! LONG Weekend! VALENTINES! SURF! EXCLAMATION POINTS!! SLEEP DEPRIVATION!



-------------------------------------------------


Update! He did surf! Thanks for a couple comments confirming as much, and for Google search to find it. Here's another blogger's Slater story:


On a different note, always is interesting how and when people (besides my mom) find this here blog. One of my old posts from last year's Valentine's Day is currently blowing up -- 90+ hits yesterday. That's more than I had all last month combined!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Friend of mine spotted Slater at Moss, killing it on his own peak away from everybody else yesterday (Thursday the 11th) ...no lye!
-Damon

Nic said...

no joke? I knew he'd be on it! Too good not to, no way was he only gonna play golf all week. Thanks Damon for the update and the comment...good stuff.

Unknown said...

It's gotta be hard to play golf next to the ocean if you surf!
Just my guess but I would say he wanted to get away from all the people at that Golf turnament.
My buddy Dave Scott said it was head high that day when he saw a guy out annihilating the surf. So he walked over to him and talked a bit. ..guess they know some of the same people from a Surf Charter Dave runs called Mentawai SurfCats.
I decided to search for Slater and Moss when i got home from work and found your blog ...so i felt obligated to share.