Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Barrel-Dodging


Much like the previously defined 'shoulder-hopping,' barrel-dodging is also at the top of my list of favorite surfing maneuvers. Here's yet another sequence from the other week when we were lucky enough to have a beach photographer (again thank you injured Ramin). Not as bad as that Mulligan sequence I posted earlier -- which still makes me cringe -- but yeah I'd take a do-over on this one if I could. MAYBE there was an exit on that barrel, had I truly committed 100% for it.






Maybe. Or, if I actually had any idea how to backside tube-ride solid overhead frothy barrels. It's a long and treacherous learning process.

2 comments:

Colin said...

barrel dodging at OB is an essential skill, since the vast majority of them inevitably pinch or closeout. that's a heavy wave too, i'd settle for a head-dip ;)

Ramin said...

Dudeman, you definitely go into that one. No barrel dodging there.